Geothermal Hybrid Systems
The Geomax Rainier - forced air/hydronic combination system
The Rainier geothermal hybrid series combines the best of both worlds: forced air and hydronic capability.
Download a brochure for the geothermal hybrid Rainier series.
You no longer have to purchase a dedicated hot-water unit for radiant heat, a furnace for the rest of the house, and an air conditioner to cool in the summer.
The geothermal hybrid Rainier does it all in one convenient package, using environmentally friendly R410A refrigerant, dual capacity scroll compressors, and the unmatched energy efficiency of geothermal technology.
Compare the performance of a geothermal hybrid
Rainier Geothermal Hybrid Benefits
1. Blower Motor: A variable-speed ECM blower motor with up to 12 airflow selections allows the unit to provide enhanced comfort, quiet operation and energy savings.
2. Cabinet: The cabinet is finished with a durable silver metallic finish for long lasting beauty and protection. Fully insulated for quiet operation with cleanable, foil backed insulation. New exterior design elements put the unit in the same class as today’s stylish high-end appliances.
3. Coated Air Coil: Our exclusive FormiShield™ coating on the air coil resists corrosion and increases equipment life. Its large size improves efficiency and dehumidification during cooling.
4. Drain Pan: Electronic overflow protection is included to eliminate the possibility of condensate flooding. Constructed of plastic, the drain pan is also corrosion-proof and resists bacterial growth.
5. Hot Water Assist: The Rainier preheats your water and delivers it to your water heater. The longer the unit operates, the greater the amount of hot water generated. In the heating mode the hot water is generated at the efficiency of the unit. In cooling, waste heat is recovered and hot water is free!
6. Compressor: Copeland Scroll™ compressors are featured in all Rainier units for superb efficiency and reliability. Dual capacity units include Scroll UltraTech™ compressors mounted on double-isolation plates for extra quiet operation.
7. Controls: Sophisticated microprocessor control sequences components to provide ultimate performance. Onboard diagnostics allow for easy service. Controls communicate with thermostat to display service messages. ComfortAlert module monitors compressor operation for added reliability and easy troubleshooting.
8. LED Status Lights: Externally mounted status lights indicate normal operation or display faults and assist the technician in troubleshooting.
9. Hydronic/Radiant Heat: Hot water for in-floor radiant heat is generated at a fraction of the cost of ordinary boilers. Typically, a Geomax indirect water tank is connected to the Rainier to store and distribute the heated water.
Factory Quality: Geomax, geothermal hybrid systems are the result of state-of-the-art research and development. Dozens of quality checks are performed throughout the assembly process, and computer-run testing is done on every unit, ensuring flawless start-up and long-term reliability.
ARI Certified/ETL Listed/ENERGY STAR Rated: Geomax geothermal hybrid systems are performance certified by the Air Conditioning and Refrigeration Institute, safety listed by ETL and exceed performance standards for the ENERGY STAR rating.